Well, February is almost at an end and I think the best way to describe this month for me is just that – it’s almost over! Between snow storms and feeling under the weather and rescheduling and a general sense of ennui that always seems to hit this time of the year, I am glad to see the ass-end of it. Buh-bye!
So here’s how things went this month:
- My knitting is going gangbusters! I had gotten away from it for a few years and coming back to it now has proven to be a much needed creative outlet since my writing has been a
bit ofhuge slog lately and has me burned out. I’m pushing my skill level with the knitting and trying new things. I’m also toying with the idea of trying a video podcast and dyeing my own yarn. Both of those things will require a cost outlay for equipment, so I’m not jumping in just yet. I need to see what all is involved and then create a budget and determine if I feel the cost is worth what I’ll get out of it.
- My husband had planned on giving me a gift card for yoga classes, but given how much time I was spending on knitting and what I was getting out of it, he gave me a gift card to my favourite yarn shop, The Loop, instead. That allowed me to purchase some fabulous new yarns at no cost to me!
- I’ve made progress on my book. Despite the slog, I will still meet my deadline to hand it into my editor by end of next weekend. It won’t be pretty, and likely I will owe her a very large bottle of wine along with it, but I’m one step closer to having it completed.
- By end of this month, I will have saved up $3k towards our trip in September and the downpayment is already paid.
- I’ve spent too much money this month on things that weren’t immediate needs. Some of this has ended up on my credit card and had to be paid off out of other accounts. I need to rein this in.
- I have not made it to yoga this month. At all. Argh. Currently, my husband is training at the gym in the evenings, which means I need to come home after work for the dog. Which I’m happy to do, because hanging with the canine is always a good time. But, it means getting to yoga hasn’t happened. I have 4 class passes to use up before end of March, so I may look at going on Saturdays or Sundays next month. After that, I will wait to renew the class pass until my husband’s training ends and his schedule in that regard is more flexible.
- I have not stopped working 7 days a week. My Saturday/Sunday mornings are still spent writing until I finish this book. But once this book is completed, my schedule will be more flexible. If I want to take a Sat/Sun off, I will. Although, truth – I love my mornings at the coffee shop. It’s like a little dash of me time. What I don’t like, is the deadline hanging over my head. That will soon be gone.
- My workouts have not been consistent and I feel the difference. Starting next week, however, I have made a plan for the month of March and finally feel back in the right headspace to tackle this and get back into the groove of healthy clean eating and hard, sweaty workouts.
- I’m feeling restless. I don’t know why. Maybe it’s the weather, maybe it’s a by-product of the funk I was in wearing off and my energy returning, maybe it’s the lack of expending my returning energy in my workouts. Maybe it’s a combo of all three of these things. But the restlessness makes me edgy. Borderline cranky at times. Not a joy to be around. I hate being/feeling like this. I’m hoping getting back into my groove in March and spring being right around the corner that things will shift in that regard and the crankiness will vanish into the ether.
- I have not finished cleaning out/organizing my office. Double argh!! I haven’t touched it at all in about a week. I wanted to have it done by end of February but not sure that is going to happen. I need to get off my butt and get ‘er done.
And there you have it. The February wrap-up. Now onto March. Which has never been one of my favourite months, but after February, I’m really looking forward to it!